- What inspires you most when writing/blogging? Depends on the entry. Mostly, it’s about producing a version of the type of content I search but seldom find, an attempt to put words to experiences seldomly discussed but I remain convinced are more widely shared, merely often drowned out or bottled up from cumulative horizontal hostility. My background’s in education, so other entries are about transferring and exchanging knowledge in meaningful and hopefully helpful ways.
- Are you religious? No.
- If not, why not / What holds you back? It’s never been a part of my beliefs. Philosophically I’m technically agnostic, insofar as I remain open to finding reason to believe in some iteration or another of spirituality or some equivalent. In practice, I’m satisfied with my reasons for believing there’s no spirituality to believe in. I revisit these reasons with comfort, they’ve certainly evolved over time, but the conclusion has yet to waver.
- Did you enjoy your education? (high school, university, etc.) Academically, yes for high school, and mostly for university. You couldn’t make me redo high school because of the social and personal components. I made well enough of it to manage; elementary school had been worse, and come high school, I had bigger fish to fry than my social life. I was more popular during undergrad, which proved a double edge sword; I don’t know that I could rank the two experiences. My grad studies were academically the least challenging for me, and I worked full time simultaneously so I had no social life, which was fine.
- What is your dream job? Clinical generalist (probably PCP, but maybe emergency medicine).
- Boxers or briefs? briefs.
- What important values do you live by? Don’t put yourself down, the rest of the world doesn’t need your help to do that. You care about you; you’re worth living for, so always be on your side. Appreciate your maladaptations, that’s how badly your brain loves you and has always wanted you to live. Own the consequences of your actions.
- Shower thought? I thought my good hair days were over as my hairline receded. Now that I use more beard shampoo than I ever used head hair shampoo, it’s fair to say my good hair days are back!
- Have you had your 15 minutes of fame yet? I’ve been on morning TV, radio, 6 and 11 o’clock news, in the picture of a major newspaper’s headlining story, and recognised from my participation in TV and radio shows. But none of it “went viral.”
Probably the most unexpected time was being on a live TV interview next to Enza Supermodel to discuss Caitlin Jenner’s then recent coming out. Enza was awesome, and got us through the interview.
- Horrible pun? Vampires are immortal. No wonder they’re long in the tooth.
- Been anywhere recently for the first time? Yes, Wales! Been wanting to go for years, and randomly everything lined up beautifully. It was a quick trip, I hope to return, but what a treat!
The winning blog wins a prize. Each blog gets one entry. To enter you must:
- Link to this blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Answer the questions given to you
- Create more unique and creative questions for your nominees to answer
- Comment on the official rule blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award post.
Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and ends on 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.